Introducing….Rachel Davison, Sports Massage Therapist. We are very pleased to have Rachel joining us here at Hathersage Osteopathic Practice. She is a keen cyclist, trail runner and also happens to be a qualified physiotherapist who now specialises in sports massage. What a great combination!
Rachel Davison is a qualified physiotherapist and has postgraduate training as a Sports Massage Therapist. She is HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council) registered and is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
Visit Rachel's website for further information www.rsdsportsmassage.com
Sports massage was originally developed to help athletes relieve and prevent injuries through the management, manipulation and maintenance of soft tissues; but it’s not just sporting types who can benefit from the many physical, physiological and psychological benefits that regular massage can bring. Stress, anxiety and regular overuse of muscle groups may all be alleviated by sports massage. Day to day problems, which many experience such as back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, sprains and tension, may all benefit from regular massage.
Regular sports massage can:
- Relieve muscle tension and reduce muscle spasms, increasing mobility
- Improve flexibility of muscles
- Improve quality of scar tissue after injury and reduce swelling
- Increase supply of oxygen and nutrients to tissues through increased blood circulation, promoting recovery and help preventing overuse
- Help in the removal of metabolic waste products as lymph flow is increased
- Relieve anxiety, stress and tension through neurological feedback
- Reduce pain by stimulating receptors in the skins surface